How To Train A Dog To Put Laundry In A Basket
This tutorial is part of The Ultimate List Of Dog Trick Ideas which contains 99 other tricks like this!
Fantastic and useful, teach your dog to put the laundry into the basket and he will certainly be earning his biscuits. This trick is similar to putting his toys away and a great addition to removing your socks or jacket.
- Sit with your dog and an item of clothing next to the laundry basket
- Pass him the item over the basket so if he lets go of it then the item will land directly in the basket when he drops the item into the basket reinforce and reward.
- Repeat this and when he has learned that the item going into the basket provides reward gradually move the basket away. Introduce the command word as the item is being dropped.
- Continue rewarding each time he puts the item into his basket after you have handed it to him then begin to put the item on the floor next to the basket.
- Ignore any behavior from your dog other than him putting the item into the basket and when he does this reinforce and reward.
Top tip; Add this command onto the end of your dog removing your socks to create a useful and fun routine.
Dog trainers love this trick because it provides a base for many other tricks