This tutorial is part of The Ultimate List Of Dog Trick Ideas which contains 99 other tricks like this!
This trick looks very intense and is indeed an expert example of teamwork; a walking handler is joined by a keen dog weaving through his masters legs.
- Have your dog on your left hand side, show him a treat in your right hand then lift your right leg for him to go through and fetch the treat.
- As he goes through your leg reinforce the action with your normal reinforcement method (voice or clicker)
- Take another step forward and lure your dog back through you left leg with another treat in your left hand
- Continue this while walking.
- Add the command and gently reduce the treats.
Top tip; Begin slowly and build up to walking normally to build the confidence of your dog.
Dog trainers love this trick because it looks so smooth and easy when perfected.